Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick Synopsis of the Tibet-Nepal Trip

On June 03, I came back from a 3.5-weeks trip to Tibet and to Nepal.

At the start of the trip, I landed in Beijing. Walked on the great wall of China. Took the world's highest railway (46 hours in a train that smelled like noodle soup) to Lhasa.

Beautiful beautiful Lhasa. Friendly people. Colourful prayer flags fluttering in the wind. Soft tingling tiny bells hanging from rooftops. Incense... And armed Chinese soldiers at every street corner...

After Lhasa, I slowly made my way south west. And on my second to last day in Tibet, hiked the everest basecamp (on the Tibetan side).

I then crossed the border to Nepal where I spent 7 days visiting Kathmandu, Chitwan National Park, and Pokhara. In Chitwan, the temperature was over 40 degrees celsius in the shade. That's one of the reasons I had a shower while sitting on top of an elephant. I will NEVER EVER EVER forget the shower with the elephant =o).

I am now home for 2 weeks. On June 19, I leave again. This time, I am going to Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment