Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two Chocolate Cakes

One of the best chocolate cakes that I have ever eaten was made by my aunt M. who lives in the middle east. I wish I had that recipe, but I don't. In the mean time, I found this "Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake" recipe in several places online. I tried it twice (with a scale factor of 1.5) and I thought it was great. Not as great as the super chocolate cake that I don't know how to make, but great anyway!

Cake #1:
Ingredients:
  • Butter 0.5 cup
  • Sugar 0.5 cup
  • eggs 2
  • Flour 1.75 cup
  • Cocoa 0.5 cup
  • Baking SODA 1 tsp
  • Salt 0.25 tsp
  • butter 0.5 cup
  • Milk 1 cup
  • Vanilla 1 tsp
Instructions:
  • In large bowl, cream butter and sugar "until light and fluffy".
  • Add eggs, and start beating.
  • Sift separately the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.
  • Add half the dry ingredients, and keep beating.
  • Add milk and vanilla and keep beating.
  • Add the other hald of the dry ingredients, and keep beating.
  • Pour batter in a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.

A few days ago a friend made me a birthday chocolate cake that also tasted great. Recipe below.

Cake #2:
Ingredients:
  • Flour 2 cups
  • Sugar 1.5 cups
  • Cocoa 0.5 cups
  • Salt -- a dash
  • Instant coffee 1 tsp
  • Baking POWDER 1 tsp
  • Baking SODA 1 tsp
  • Milk (or orange juice or water) 1.25 cup
  • Eggs 3
  • Oil (canola) 0.75 cup
Instructions:
  • In a processor bowl, process the dry ingredients for 10 seconds.
  • Add milk and eggs and start processing.
  • Add the oil while processing.
  • Process all for 45 seconds (do not overprocess).
  • Pour batter in a greased pan and bake for 55-60 minutes at 325F.

No comments:

Post a Comment