Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brazil Trip, Days 48 to 64

** Places I visited in Brazil that I've talked about already:

Salvador (& Boipeba), Rio, Niteroi, Paraty, Ilha Grande, & Foz do Iguaçu.

** Places visited in Brazil on the second part of the trip:

"Bonito" (where I swam with dorado fish and snorkled in a river where the water was soooo clear), and the "Pantanal" (the famous Brazilian wetland, visited in the dry season. I saw caymans and capibaras, slept in hammocks, photographed the milky way, and did some light-painting with fire-sticks around camp fires). After the visit to the Pantanal, I, and the friends from the adventure tour that I had joined, crossed the border into Bolivia.

** Places I visited in Bolivia:

The city of Santa Cruz, the city of Sucre, the town of Potosi, the town of Uyuni, and, one of the most interesting excursions of my life: a three-day excursion into the Salar de Uyuni (first day) and the surrounding region of the Salar de Uyuni (days 2 and 3). The amazing scenery kept changing every half an hour as we drove throughout the three days. The colours and the geological formations were incredible. I haven't been this much in awe in front of a natural place since visiting "Torres del Paine" park in southern Chile at the end of 2010. At the end of the excursion, we made our way into Lapaz.

After all this, on the night between August 21 and August 22, my plane landed home, after 64 days spent in South America (Brazil and Bolivia). It's good to be travelling, but it's also good to be home =o).

No comments:

Post a Comment