Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dancing faster than light

An email is when I first heard of it. I got home tonight and there was an email in my inbox from my officemate: faster than light neutrinos. And you know what?! I KNOW WHY THERE ARE FASTER THAN LIGHT NEUTRINOS: IT'S BECAUSE TIME ITSELF GETS SHORTER WHILE I AM IN MY DANCE CLASS!!

Let me explain: speed=distance/time. Smaller time means a faster speed. The one-hour-and-20-minutes of my dance classes are sooooo short ((compared to any other one-hour-and-20-minutes)), that anything moving during that time travels at a speed significantly higher than its usual speed. But since neutrinos already travel at near the speed of light, the time anomaly happening during my dance classes made them break that speed and reach their destination a few nanoseconds earlier. See?! QED =oP.

No comments:

Post a Comment